Having a great web design can add to the success of a business’ online presence. When a website is aesthetically pleasing and just as functional, customers are more likely to keep coming back. You want the visitor to go to your website and find what they are looking for as fast as possible. Trying to create a web design that has both can be a challenge. Here are five web design mistakes to avoid:
1. Flashing images and scrolling texts. People come to your site to buy a product or learn about something. They don’t want to see fireworks popping out of the screen and animated text. All of these extra bells and whistles distract the visitor and make it harder on them to find what they want.
2. Not updating and checking your site. Having old information on your website can cause your SEO rankings to go down. You need to constantly update your information, whether it be your address, prices, hours or phone number, it needs to be changed immediately. People rely on your website to have the correct information. Not having it will cause you to lose customers.
3. Forgetting to brand your site. Make sure your logo is on display. Have the web design represent your company. The fonts, background color and images should all add to your company’s brand. Branding your company via your web design will allow visitors to better retain your company name and products.
4. Not checking links. Many business’ use links on their page to give visitors more information. Visitors get frustrated when links don’t work. They’ll view your site as unreliable and you lose a potential customer. Making sure your links all work is a simple way to make your visitors happy.
5. Over complicated websites. SIMPLICITY is key when it comes to web design. You want the most relevant information to be easily seen. Know the goal of your website. Do you want the visitors to fill out a form or make a purchase? Make sure these pages are extremely visible and easy to get to.
We take what you say and come up with a variety of designs. From there, we listen to your feedback and make the necessary changes until you are completely satisfied with the design. We will handle all of your design needs from start to finish. Call (813) 466-2435 today!